Friday, June 23, 2006

so far so good

Just a quick one to let you know I am okay, so nobody worries. Everything is happily boringly normal and I am just treading water until Tuesday.

Tiredness is pretty much constant, and this week constipation has come to pay a visit. So far I am managing, but I hope this isn't a lasting thing, as it is one thing I really really hate.

The nausea has remained mild and my mood is content. Hubbs said he hopes that both of those things stay that way.

Melons have appeared on my chest and I am very amused by that and am constantly showing Hubbs - he just laughs and tells me to put those things away before they go off. Well a girl has to have some fun.

oh and one very sad thing has happened - I have developed an aversion to chocolate. Just can't stand the stuff. God knows, I have tried. But it just takes like nothing - like I am eating cardboard or something. That is one thing that I really really hope changes. What am I going to do if I can't eat chocolate?

I am still knitting Hubb's jumper (when I am awake) but not really getting far. I wonder if he would mind if I shelved it in favour of baby things? hehe somehow I think he might. I should just knuckle down and get the jumper finished.

I just read the pattern for the front and it is going to be a bit of guesswork. The back said to keep knitting until it got to 74 cms which I did. The front says to knit 23 rows less than the back - which is great except I didn't keep a row count for the back - bit late to realise this huh. Oh well, I can guess it I think due to the back having a pattern at the top of a certain number of rows.

Have a great day all and thank you so much for your continued support.

Jac - I really really hope you are right - thanks hun.

Kiernen - I checked your blog out - where is the ticker? hehe pushy , aren't I - come on start being positive about this pregnancy.

Em - look at what they said to you, and look at your precious bundle now!

Net - I hope you are feeling better - I am worried about you hun.

Leoni - Mum in law is convinced there are two in there - apparently she had a dream or something. lol Thanks hun.

Thank you Meg, Ova girl, Tara, Vixanne, Kinneret, Lucy, J, Hoping, Cathy, Vee, Muser, Kim, Katt, Kit, Anita, Mrs Hugs, eleni, a new soul, and everyone else who has been commenting. I appreciate it more than I can ever say.

9 Comments:

At 8:28 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugsy
Those symptoms sound fantastic. ROFL at the melons thing. Oh I reckon the best thing for constipation is a kiwi fruit a day, don't even go near prune juice if you are anything like me it will make you throw up like there's no tomorrow just from the smell... As for the choc, well today yopu'll hate it tomorrow you'll love it, food will become a huge guessing game for DH. Good luck with the jumper

Love ya
JAC & K

 
At 9:01 am, Blogger Cathy said...

You sound on top of the world which is "FANTASTIC".

Everything is crossed for Tuesday.

Love and ((hugs))

Cathy

 
At 9:08 am, Blogger ColourYourWorld said...

"happily boringly normal" is great !

 
At 9:31 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo don't you just LOVE the word boring lol

Glad to hear you are plodding along. Oh and BTW I am also off chocs (this from a choc-a-holic) I can't stand the stiff ATM, not even the smell. Like you, not much by way of nausea, just certain things I don't like going near, but no barfing lol

Anyway you take care and rest up this weekend, will check in on you later again :-)

cheers,
leoni (sister9)

 
At 1:31 pm, Blogger Tara said...

Oh no! An aversion to chocolate? I wish I had had one during my pregnancy. Maybe I wouldn't have gained so much.

So happy to hear you're nauseous and tired. Hope it keeps up. (That's such a weird thing to wish on someone but in your case I really do.)

 
At 2:50 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugsy
I am going in for a scan also on Tuesday, and reading about your experience has made me feel like I am not alone! I have also been up and down, having some mild pregnancy symptoms, but not so severe as everyone else seems to... sometimes I wonder if I am making them up. When I feel a bit nauseous I rejoice too, weird hey?
My boobs are also like melons, but I still love chocolate!!
Best of luck for Tuesday and hopefully the weekend will fly by!

 
At 2:22 am, Blogger Paige said...

keep hanging in there and I will be back to check in on tuesday, we all know what terrible bad news scans feel like, but this time you deserve a good one and I am thinking of you all the way.

 
At 4:03 pm, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Bugsy ... haven't been here for awhile and was so pleasantly happy for you when I DID get here tonight! I think those are fantastic symptoms!!! Except for the not liking chocolate one!

But there IS life after chocolate if the love it never comes back! I was a chocoholic for many years, but through and after menopause I've gotten to the point I can take it or leave it! But show me strawberries or a lemon cream cake .... or carrot cake .... THEN I drool and can't stand it till I have it!

I am sorry though ... about the chocolate. I hope this is temporary!!! About the BIG thing .... ITS simply WONDERFUL!

 
At 5:47 pm, Blogger The Momma / MrsHUGS said...

Hi Bugsy...

Constipation - drink lots of fruit juice and water...

Food in general not just chocolate - ( I will agree with Jac on her comment ) "well today you'll hate it, tomorrow you'll love it, food will become a huge guessing game for DH"... Just remember how many loaves of fruit loaf I went through and my pantry looking like the cereal aisle in the supermarket during my pregnancy...

Just enjoy every minute of your pregnancy...

MrsHUGS

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker