Sunday, February 10, 2008

6 months old already

Yep - I can hardly believe it myself. My little man is already 6 months old - 1/2 way to his first birthday! Wow.

He is such a happy boy. He has such a sweet gentle nature. He wakes up from naps silently, but as soon as he sees my face he breaks out in the biggest smiles. It makes me feel so damn good inside. This week he has started to look back at us as he sits on our knee - he will turn round to see us and smile. He can pick up his dummy and place it successfully in his mouth and he can sit up by himself (if you help him actually sit up) for about a minute before he topples over.

He doesn't like tummy time but has started pushing up with his arms - he is getting there. He loves to lay there chewing on his big toe hehe. (oh to be that flexible - sure Hubbs would like that too - lol).

He is a pretty quiet little boy except when the mood strikes him and he will chat or squeal (hehe Andi - do you remember him in the restaurant the other day chatting away?) I try to encourage his chatter and he gets so excited when we respond to him.

We almost have him signing "milk" back to us - he is right at the perfect age now to start baby sign language so we will give it a good shot.

He still doesn't have much hair and it is still hard to tell what color it is, but it sure does look rather red. No teeth as yet but that doesn't stop him gulping down his food as quickly as he can - boy does he love his food. He still throw up all the time, but I am hoping that changes as his solid food increases. Every night he goes to sleep around 9pm and wakes up anytime between 6am and 9am. He is a great sleeper.

He loves to bounce, and he loves the bath.

oh and did I mention - he is very ticklish and loves to laugh:


He loves his Daddy and instantly lights up when he sees him:

Daddy's beard is pretty good too:

He loves his Mummy too and we have the bestest cuddles ever.

He realllllly loves his Mummy:

He has such character and I just love the expressions on his face all the time:


It really doesn't seem that long ago that he was this small:

Wow - my little boy is growing up.

Mummy loves you little man. You were the missing piece in my life and I will always treasure just how precious you are. I promise to do my very best to give you absolutely everything in life that you need (perhaps not all that you want though lol).

p.s. I have almost convinced hubbs to start trying for Number 2. hehe.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 1:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The time goes way too fast...
I'm so glad your getting to experience all of this.
Hugs and take care,
Lesley

 
At 6:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bugs,
That picture of Alex laughing is very cute- I can almost hear him chuckling!! I just thought of a question, if you don't mind- what inspired the name 'Bugsy'? Are you a big Bugs Bunny fan?=) Just wondering... Also- how's the new pram holding up?
Take care,
Rachel

 
At 11:53 pm, Blogger SassyCupcakes said...

6 months? Surely not.

You've got a gorgeous little there.

Do you know have a plan for trying for #2?

 
At 12:44 pm, Blogger Mony said...

I love his perfectly round head! Cooper has one of those too! I just love Alex! This post bought a little tear to my eye xx

 
At 9:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mate you express yourself really well, like mony I too had a tear in my eye after reading this post.
Yes Alex has grown so big so fast, he was a tiny little man!!
I had my hair done today, had to change jesse on a waxing table, he was having a good old scream, I don't know what it is when I change him but when I do the lungs start.. 2 days to go!!!!!
Andi xxx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker