Tuesday, February 26, 2008

In the limbo of my life

They gave away my desk! I got an email from work today to say that they need my desk for a "new starter" and so 7.5 months after I started Maternity leave they finally succumbed and reallocated my desk. Should I be upset? I'm not. I kinda freaked out every time I visited work to find my desk exactly as I left it. It was like some weird shrine or something. Even my whiteboard still had my writing on it. Nobody would let anyone even sit in my seat. My only conclusion? Those people are freaky. I think that says it all.

Alex and I went to the Chiropractor today. Me for my freaky jaw that clicks every time I open or shut it, and for my hip that has been absolutely killing me. It hurts when I walk, when I sit, and when I stand still. I have pain shooting down my leg to to my toes and up my side to my fingers. It hurts - it hurts a lot. Doctor says to walk more. Chiro says that walking makes it worse. So i rested it - it didn't improve. So I went for a 3km walk. I was in agony for 4 days. Walking does not help. Chiro manipulation does though. I feel a lot better and 30% of the pain has gone. I think it is a work in progress. Chiro says that my hip was way out as was my pelvis. Fun.

Alex went for a checkup - his first checkup with the chiro. Chiro says he is perfect and only had to make a very small adjustment in his lower back. Alex never even realised it was being fixed. He smiled and laughed and played happily on the floor while his mummy's hip got fixed.

other stuff - on Friday I am meeting with the council services coordinator to discuss what services Mum in law and her hubby can get as they have now been approved for care - thank goodness as I am pretty tired of doing so much for them. Not that I don't love them but I have enough of my own to do. Plus I get really annoyed when I spent 2 hours (I kid you not) cleaning the microwave, and 7 days later I open it to find it just as dirty. How can you get a microwave totally filthy in just 7 days? It is only then I find out that step-father in law puts the dog's dinner in there uncovered to "warm it up" - what the? A microwave that has human food in it - heck it has my child's bottle in it. That is just so gross that I just don't want to give it any thought or I will have to totally force myself to ever visit there ever again.

Hubbs promised to be home early tonight to give Alex a bath. Now it is nine pm and he is asleep for the night and there is still no sign of Hubbs - typical. To say I am not amused by his behaviour lately is quite an understatement.

oh and can you tell? I have pms. is it obvious?

no photos - i am too lazy. I think i might open a bottle of wine - that might help. (or maybe have a glass or two of port - yeah baby)

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 10:36 pm, Blogger LL said...

good lord... heating dog food????

 
At 5:17 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And these are his parents too aren't they? He should be stepping in a bit more I think.

But what can you do without starting world war three?

I am struggling with mine at the moment too. He is unhappy at work, and taking it out on us - as well as threatening to quit - which is stressing me out too!

seepi

 
At 9:24 pm, Blogger Sitting In Silence said...

Sis....hope you are feeling better soon, nothing worse then a bad hip.

I am using my bigpond addie....do you have it ?....

I have sent you a few e-mails but am pretty sure they are not reaching you.

Have heaps to tell you.

Love to beautiful boy x

 
At 8:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i think there is a few women out there that might be needing to kick their men in the pants at the moment..or trading them in for a younger foreign model..i like the trade in option...

yuck about the hip..hope if feels better real soon..

even YUCKIER about the microwave!! WHY the hell does the dogs need their food warmed???

 
At 2:18 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your hip being so out of place, I hope with a couple more visits it is all better and back in place.
I hope hubby pulls his socks up a bit, so to speak. Your got to have some time out too you know.
Yay for the help for the Parent-In-Laws sorted out. I hope that gives you a break and has you stressing less.
Hugs and have a restful weekend.
Luv Lesley

 
At 5:40 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Hmm, I know what you mean about cleaning, why would you want to do someone else's when we've got soo much ourselves to do.
I also understand what you mean about your hubs. Shame is we get use to their "oh sorry I was busy excuses". Mine does it all the time but when I use that excuse it kinda doesnt work.
Check out my blog we've a new baby in the family. No not mine.

 
At 3:19 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Bugs, Thanks for your kind words, Im having a really bad day. One of those days were you just want to crawl back into bed and eat a block of chocolate. Ofcourse I wont do either...
I too love the purple dress.
That was the first time in about 15yrs that I visited Miranda Shopping center. You could get lost in there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker