Sunday, October 16, 2005

I'm a modern Aussie girl

It has been a busy weekend and only half over. The weather has been fantastic but almost too hot.

Yesterday we went to our other house (the one we are getting ready to rent), and I knitted in the car all the way there (about 20 mins drive). Once there, we kitted up and Hubbs and I whipper snipped (I think some of my friends call them weed whackers), for about 4 hours. Then my sister and her fiance dropped by and we moved the two dead cars on the property to the front of the property (I steered, the boys pushed, and my sister supervised!).

Then we washed up thoroughly and I knitted all the way home.

We went to a friend's birthday party last night but she came down with a bug of some sort while we were there and we ended up getting her into bed, and looking after her while she shivered, and threw up continuously into a bucket. Poor pet. She never drank a thing either. I think it was just the stress of the day. She has had some family problems and wasn't sure they would visit her on her birthday (they did). I think it just made her vulnerable to a bug. I hope she is feeling better today. Will check on her later.

We are just about to go back to the other house again to finish the grass cutting, and level off the ground ready for the garage to go up this week. Yay - Progress.

During the week, my dear friend Mrs Hugs sent me a present to cheer me up. I cried so much when I saw it - what a beautiful thing to do. Thank you Mrs Hugs - you have no idea how much it helped cheer me up. I have been having such a hard time lately (more than I tell you guys about), and it was so sweet of you! She sent me a book called "365 reasons to be happy" and I am going to share them with you in my posts.

by the way, I am 14dpo today according to FF chart.

Reason Number 1 to be happy:

"Happiness can come from simple and natural things: mists over meadows, sunlight on leaves, the path of the moon over the water."

It's true. During the week I did a couple of things that made me very happy and it was so simple.

First one was that I went to bed early, with a nice fizzy drink, put the telly on, sat up in bed with the doona tucked up, and knitted for about an hour, my cats curled up on the bed with me.

Second was Friday night, when Hubbs and I put on the new dvd we bought "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" and curled up on the couch in each other's arms like we did when we first started dating, and watched the movie.

Now I would like to know what simple things in life make you happy. Please tell me!

2 Comments:

At 12:55 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Bugsy...
I would say having you as a very special friend makes me happy, so if I can inturn do something to mke you feel happy then we are both truly blessed in our friendship...

MrsHUGS

 
At 9:36 am, Blogger Unknown said...

Lying in the hammock in the sunbeams.
Hanging out with Monkey Boy.
Playing with my kitties.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker