Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Aussie Ingenuity

Don't you love this? It sure made me laugh went I passed it in the street on the weekend. I wonder if it actually works? Could be the first "ride on mower" hehe.


I am doing good. so sorry I have been a little MIA this past week. I have been soooo busy that I have hardly had time to do anything, let alone blog or read anything on the internet. I saw the endocronologist yesterday and he says I am doing fine on the diabetes front, and to keep doing what I am doing. He was really positive and told me that this baby will be fine and I am well past the miscarriage point now. I felt really positive leaving his office.

I then went to Baby Bunting. I didn't buy anything, but I wandered around looking at what was there and the prices (omg! some of those prices) - I cannot believe what some people are willing to pay for baby furniture that is only used for a limited time! I can assure you I will be going the ultra cheap (as long as it is safe) option in all things.

We actually already have a cot that we bought for $20 a couple of years ago but it is about 15 years old and needs some minor repair and painting. We are actually now thinking about turfing it (the people who we bought it off would not care at all) and buying a newer one, with the thinking that the safety aspects may have changed in that time.

But no rush as the baby's room is still full of other crap like exercise equipment i haven't used in years and christmas decorations. The built in wardrobe top shelf is chocka block with jigsaws. I think I am going to have to give them up - we have nowhere to put them anyway and I don't think I am going to have time in the next few years to do them.

I have been knitting again! yay! I am 12 rows off finishing the dreaded sleeve from hell from hubb's jumper. Then it is just sewing it up, knitting up the neckline and it is finished! yay!

I desperately want to make something for wriggles but not sure what. I already have a few little jackets and hats I have made over the years. Booties are too simple. Should I make something fancy as in a fancy jacket or should I have a go at something else? I don't feel like making a baby blanket just yet - my urge to create something big died with Hubb's jumper from hell. lol I was thinking a toy maybe too. Let me know what you think.

Hubb's has a terrible cold. Poor man has been bed ridden for the last three days and today looks like being day 4. Today I am sneezing and sniffling a bit so hoping he has not given it to me. I have been careful to stay away as much as I could, but a bit hard when you live in the same house.

ok - better get ready for work. Have a great day all.

Labels: , , ,

8 Comments:

At 7:47 am, Blogger The Momma / MrsHUGS said...

Hi Bugsy...
Love the "Ride on Mower" hehehe...
I was actually going to phone you today if I hadnt seen you blog as I was getting worried with not seeing you about online...
Lovely to hear all is good...
Sending get well vibes for hubby, I hope you dont come down with it...
Take care...
MrsHUGS

 
At 7:54 am, Blogger Mrs Pants said...

I hate Baby Bunting. The times I have bought from there (through necessity) were all terribl experiences. Stuffing up lay-bys, giving me the wrong products etc.

I heard a good tip about the space between the bars on cots that I found interesting. If you can pass a can of softdrink between them they are too far apart.

Enjoy all the baby shopping though - it is fun!

 
At 4:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the ride on mower!!

Mmm I dont understand how any mother could pay heaps for something they dont plan on using for very long.

Next door neighbour buys her kids NIKE sneakers!!! That they would grow out of in 6mths...and never be used again!! its STUPID!!

Wish I had that money to waste stupidly..not that I WOULD..But would love to have the option!

hope Mr Bugsy gets better soon!

Katt

 
At 4:32 pm, Blogger muser said...

On the knitting - how about some woollen shorties, soakers etc. If you plan to use cloth nappies of course.

My current project is a woollen soaker but is presently in suspended animation with 30 rows to go. lol.

 
At 10:50 pm, Blogger metal and knit said...

Maybe make a nice pram or cot cover of shawl for wriggles with all the good wishes and love from mum as you go

 
At 10:16 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a Ride On Mower! I would mow a lot more often then!

 
At 7:46 pm, Blogger Rodders said...

Hi Bugsy
Good to hear from you! I was getting worried as I hadn't heard from you in the ivffriends forum for ages either.
Glad to hear you're ok!
I've got another week till my obs app. and the suspense is driving me up the wall!
Rodders x

 
At 2:43 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 16 weeks!!!!!
Great to see you posting Bugsy, I am another one who got worried when you hadn't updated your BLOG for awhile.

Love the ride on mower, I would love one for hubby, mind you he'd be rolling down the hill in our hilly backyard lol

Hmmmm what to knit, how about an Easter bunny? I am trying to be "crafty" but baby Imara is not letting me have any free time at the moment, you asked in your email to me how I was doing......lets just say I am surviving...but only just ;-) Lack of sleep is doing my head in, out of my 3 girls this one is letting me sleep the least. yay NOT!

Ok, gotta run, look forward to your next update.

cheers,
Leoni

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker