Saturday, March 17, 2007

a knitting update (finally you say!)

Well all the pieces for Hubb's jumper are done - here are all the pieces in one pile (front, back and two sleeves). This is the back:
This is the front:
All I have to do now is sew up the shoulder seams, pick up the stitches for the neck, and knit up 6cm of rib for the neckline, then sew the rest of it up. Definately on the home straight now.

I am fine but a bit emotional today. I think it started early this morning. I was looking forward to my sister coming down the 200km distance and spending the day with me. She called Friday to say she was coming because she missed me too much. Then this morning I got an sms from her saying she had to do something else and couldn't come. I was really upset and cried. I guess I miss her more than I thought I did.

So I went shopping and had a couple of incidences. Firstly I was in kmart looking at the knitting aisle (which is way back in the corner of the store and is not widely used), and while I was there, 4 guys of asian appearance came into the row (aged about 17/18). 1 stood next to me, and the other three stood back a bit, giggling. I then realised the guy next to me was unzipping his pants. I didn't wait around to see whether he was about to expose himself or was doing it to stuff things down his pants to shoplift. I hightailed it out of there and went straight to security. I didn't wait around to find out whether they got them or not. I am too old for that crap and wriggles is far too young!

Then when I was leaving the shopping centre I saw the trolley guy parked with his long trailer of trolleys, and a mother was walking to her car with her 4 children (2 in a stroller and 1 on either side of her - all young kids). She got to about 5 metres of the back of the trolley trailer and the trolley guy started the car and started reversing. She immediately went into reverse with the kids and tried to get out of the way. But he started reversing very fast and she just couldn't get out of the way fast enough. She pulled all the kids into a space between two cars, while two guys were yelling at the trolley guy to stop. He stopped about 10cm away from the stroller. Nobody got hurt thank goodness and the guys were yelling at the trolley guy for going so fast without looking. Where the mum and kids were she would most likely have been seen in his mirrors (if he had bothered to look).

So I came straight home and have been weepy ever since. I have done some housework, gone through my baby wool to try to work out what I am going to knit and in what yarn (still nothing definate), and I am currently cooking up a big pot of chicken and corn soup. (comfort food).

Hubbs rang me to see if I wanted to come down to his work (where he is today) and I was crying so much he suggested I just stay home, rest and find something fun to do so I can feel better. It is just hormones, and the disappointments and scares I have had today, but it upset hubbs a lot. He said he will come home asap so I get a cuddle. hehe I am so pathetic.

Hope you are all doing okay. Back to my soup making.

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 6:24 pm, Blogger Drew said...

Your hubbs is a lucky man Bugsy. I am only good at buying cheap somethings for my husbands because he soils everything new.

Fantastic knitting. I wish I can knit like you. I am too ashamed to put my creations up on my blog. :)

 
At 8:35 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a crazy day. I hope the rest of your weekend is nice and relaxing. Take care.

 
At 9:59 am, Blogger Meg said...

It's so funny how the homrones makes us react to things... I'm so glad to hear things are still going well with the pregnancy, Bugsy.

 
At 10:37 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didnt become weepy while pregnant..I became a snappy moody cow..lol..I think Adam learnt to hide from me! lol

I really hope today is totally uneventful for you hun. And that you find the perfect bubby thing to knit!

Katt

 
At 6:06 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bugsy- will you find whether your baby is a boy or girl before they are born- or are you wanting to be surprised? just wondering! Take care!=)

 
At 9:07 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

People can be soo careless. Like that Wacko in the car. An elderly tiny man did the same thing to me but I was safely in my car (my car would have been damaged but not my body). He stopped literally a hair from my car. I looked out my window, looked down, he was that close I wouldnt have been able to fit one finger between our cars. He had the hide to give ME a dirty look. Seesh.

 
At 9:09 pm, Blogger metal and knit said...

You are so lucky to have suck a caring hubbs. I love the jumper.

No can you help me I am currently staying in Richmond and need to find a tram or walk easy city or nearby yarn shop of some decent quality can you suggest please. I will be heading to it on the weekend.

 
At 9:01 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How is the jumper coming along my dear?

Havent seen you pop up on msn for the last couple fo days. Hope you are ok..

Katt

 
At 10:11 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 17 weekes Bugsy!!!!
OMG, you are creeping ever so close to the half way mark :-O
Its giving me goosebumps just thinking about it!!! So next will be your 18 week scan, oooohhhh how EXCITING!

cheers,
Leoni

 
At 4:10 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you know your blog is the only blogger blog I go to that is letting me comment!! I dont know what the problem is with the others

Happy 17 weeks hun!! almost halfway

Katt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker