Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Back already. Did you miss me?

Hi everyone,

Well I am here in lovely sunny Sydney. I had another cry this morning and a sob in the taxi after saying goodbye to hubby at the car. The weather is superb. Shame I am in an office and not seeing any of it. The doorman at the Sheraton said "off for a walk already?" when I walked out straight after checking in. I wish - I had to go to the office instead. And the office is uphill (I am not a friend of uphill climbs - especially not with a backpack and a heavy laptop bag).

Things I had forgotten about Sydney:
* everything is so packed together - the buildings are all squished up nice and close
* the mad drivers, especially taxi drivers
* the hills!
* how busy the streets are.
* did I mention the hills?

I am absolutely loving the "convencience" stores on every corner. Run by a sleezy guy - guaranteed. But you can get anything you want there. (today I wanted a bottle of water, a bottle of soft drink, and two chocolate bars). I did grab a salad across the road at the "salad bar" for lunch (dinner is yet to be decided) and I haven't eaten the chocolate yet.

I haven't checked out internet access from my room, so I might have to rely just on snatching office time. (which I am sure now I will be able to do).

Can I go home now? I miss my husband already. I am such a woosey.

ok better run. Catch you all soon I hope.

2 Comments:

At 6:49 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

Sydney can be a bit hectic can't it.

I'm glad you found a shop that has the essentials. Chocky bars. Yummo.

Don't worry. Hopefully you won't be away from hubby too long.

Cathy

 
At 8:05 pm, Blogger muser said...

Welcome to Sydney, dear. Hope you get to fit some fun in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker