Monday, July 10, 2006

The Almost 10 weeks report

My cough has progressed to aches, a nose that resembles a tap, sneezing uncontrollably etc. Not fun. Although yesterday was definately the worse and I feel a little better today and haven't sneezed as much etc. So hopefully I have turned the corner in this illness.

I had my follow up OB appointment today. Hubbs and I agree that he was definately on his best behaviour. We have agreed that we all got off on the wrong foot last time and because it was so inconclusive it was an emotional time for all.

He reviewed our scan results and said that everything looked very good except there was a small pocket of blood around the gestational sac and this may be what is coming out in the brown gunky stuff. He checked my stomach and felt the uterus and said all was good.

I gave them three vials of blood today for a range of blood tests including the one for down syndrome. The possibility of downs has been playing on my mind lately. What would we do if the results were bad? I honestly don't think I could terminate. I would have to say that we are lucky in some respects as we have a fabulous special school nearby. Anyway, he thinks our chances are low (how he worked that out I have no idea). Maybe he is just trying to be positive around us.

I go back in a month.

2 more weeks and our chance of miscarriage goes down to 2%. It is going to be a long two weeks.

2 Comments:

At 5:33 pm, Blogger Cathy said...

What good news for the start of the new week.

Don't worry about the next 2 weeks, they should sail by.

Almost 1/4 of the way to due date already.

Almost a quarter of the way to holding bub in your arms.

Cathy

 
At 11:18 pm, Blogger Eggs Akimbo said...

You're doing so well Bugsy.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker