Wednesday, July 12, 2006

dreams

Pretty well everyone has heard that you can have some great dreams when you are pregnant. I wasn't looking forward to the dreams this time. With my other pregnancies my dreams were all violent. Horrible and violent they were about visiting a workmates new home and seeing the ghosts of the previous inhabitants - who apparently ran an abortion clinic. Seeing ghostly images of girls being dragged in by their fathers, being forced to abort the children that I just knew belonged to good old daddy as well. Olden clothes; rudimentary conditions.

Anyway, I hated those dreams, for obvious reasons, and so I was not looking forward to having any dreams this time.

But then they started and they are soooooo different.

For some reason all my dreams lately are mathmatical. Yep totally mathmatical.

The first I remember was when Hubbs was on nightshift - he woke me up when we came home (not intentially) and I said "dammit - I was just working out that pattern for the baby socks". In my dream I was knitting baby socks on the biggest needles you have ever seen (my mum called them rocket needles). But the knitted area didn't have big holes as expected, it was lovely and tiny stitches, tight and even. But I was up to a pattern bit, and instead of just reading the pattern, I had to do this huge complex mathmatical equation to work out the pattern. I just about had it when I was woken - Bugger!

Since then I have had a few but not many stuck with me - 2 nights ago however, I remember I was trying to solve a sodoku by solving a mathmatical equation that had as part of it, the gram weight of a single serve of pasta that I would cook for Hubbs. 6grams apparently - although looking at that I am sure I would cook more than 6 lousy grams of pasta for hubbs - I mean he likes a whole plateful of pasta.

They are funny, bizarre and a blessed relief to what I may have dreamt about had my history of horrid dreams continued.

In other news I went back to work today. I survived, although it was a little hard. Hubbs ended up coming home from work, sick as I was about 3 days ago. Poor pet. Now I have to play nursey to him as well as myself. Fun - NOT.

2 Comments:

At 3:08 pm, Blogger Unknown said...

Pregnancy dreams are crazy. With my eldest I had premonition dreams. I drempt that the girl in the next bed was an old primary school friend. Turns out the day I had mr11 the woman in the next bed actually had the SAME NAME as the old school friend. Also found out about one year after he was born that actual school friend has a daughter who was born one week after mr11. We were both 18yrs old. Spooky!!!

Glad to hear everything is going well.

What crafts you working on lately?

 
At 10:14 pm, Blogger Mama Mouse said...

Its been so long since I've been pregnant that I can hardly remember BEING pg let alone my dreams! LOL

Anyhow ... I know that when I spend a lot of time doing games on the internet I often dream of them when I sleep. In fact anything that I have been doing a intensive amount of while awake ... I will dream of it.

I'm glad your dreams are better this time around! The brown gunky stuff had to scare you .... I'm glad the dr said you were ok!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

 

eXTReMe Tracker